Select Page

Beijing Warns New Stealth Fighters Will Conduct Patrols In Taiwan’s Airspace

Beijing has once again hinted that its new J-20 stealth fighter jets will conduct patrols around, or above, Taiwan’s airspace to pressure the island nation to reunify with China. The warning message recently announced by Wang Mingliang, a Chinese military strategist with the China National Defense University during special programming on China Central Television program about Taiwan. “J-20s can come and go at will above Taiwan,” said Mingliang, adding that Taiwan was frightened about “precision strikes on the leadership or key targets.” Mingliang said that the fifth-generation stealth jet is designed to pierce through Taiwan’s air defense identification zone and launch either reconnaissance or assault missions on the island. The military strategist said the stealth fighter could easily take on the “antiquated” F-16s and Mirage 2000s, which are still the backbone of Taiwan’s air defense. In other words, the Chinese strategist said the stealth fighters would reign supreme in any combat operations or dogfight above or around Taiwan. China Central Television report shows an inside view of a J-20’s cockpit. (Source: CCTV) Earlier this month, a similar threat was echoed by Zhou Chenming, another Chinese military strategist, who said sea training exercises indicated that the stealth fighters would be sent to Taiwan and the heavily disputed regions of the South China Sea. “The J-20 drill is another warning message because it went unseen by the Taiwanese air force and these stealth fighters are...

Read More

More Police State Surveillance: Courtesy Of The Pentagon

Authored by Jeremiah Johnson (Nom de plume of a retired Green Beret of the United States Army Special Forces) via SHTFplan.com, There was an article by Joseph Marks of Nextgov published on 5/16/18 that was neither picked up by the larger news networks nor kept in view for long. The article is entitled The Pentagon Has a Big Plan to Solve Identity Verification in Two Years, and here is a portion of it: The Defense Department is funding a project that officials say could revolutionize the way companies, federal agencies and the military itself verify that people are who they say they are and it could be available in most commercial smartphones within two years. The technology, which will be embedded in smartphones’ hardware, will analyze a variety of identifiers that are unique to an individual, such as the hand pressure and wrist tension when the person holds a smartphone and the person’s peculiar gait while walking, said Steve Wallace, technical director at the Defense Information Systems Agency.  Organizations that use the tool can combine those identifiers to give the phone holder a “risk score,” Wallace said. If the risk score is low enough, the organization can presume the person is who she says she is and grant her access to sensitive files on the phone or on a connected computer or grant her access to a secure facility. If...

Read More

Mysterious Booms Across Pennsylvania Triggers FBI Investigation

For the past month, residents in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, have been reporting mysterious booms overnight. However, nobody — not even local authorities — can explain. Now, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has arrived in Upper Bucks and Lehigh Counties to investigate the nighttime explosions. Springfield Township police say that multiple earth-shaking booms occurred as recent as 4 a.m. on Tuesday, according to KYW-TV. While federal authorities are circling the region in search of the source, everyone is puzzled at what is causing the explosions. “I thought that somebody was making a tunnel or space junk fell out of the sky,” said Susan Crompton, who lives in Haycock Township. “From poachers, gunfire, to explosions to a sonic boom,” said Jerry Hertz of the mysterious sound. KYW-TV said there had been no shortage of theories among residents, but still, no clear answer of the cause. “It’s a rumble, it actually like rumbles the ground like an earthquake would happen but with a loud like boom,” Crompton added. “I’ve been in the military, I’ve got experience with explosives, I was a Navy diver and was definitely not a gunshot,” Hertz said. Mysterious Booms, House-Rattling Sounds In Pennsylvania Under Investigation By FBI Since early April, local law enforcement agencies have noticed that all reported booms have taken place between the 2 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. Crompton and her daughter have heard the booms twice,...

Read More

Visualizing Trump’s Trade Flip-Flops On Actual Shipping Routes

Authored by Mike Shedlock via MishTalk, The bulk carrier RB Eden changed course twice thanks to Trump’s trade reversals. A third time may be in the works. The Voyage of the RB Eden tracks Trump’s trade policy reversals with China. The bulk carrier RB Eden was loaded with the grain at Archer-Daniels-Midland Co.’s terminal in Corpus Christi, Texas, and was initially bound for Shanghai. When China announced a 179 percent tariff on imports of sorghum in mid-April, it performed a U-turn in the Indian Ocean, according to vessel data tracked by Bloomberg, and sailed back around southern Africa toward Europe. The vessel’s destination was changed to Cartagena, Spain, but according to the data, it never docked. On May 18, China scrappedits anti-dumping and anti-subsidy probe into sorghum. The same day, the RB Eden began sailing back toward the Atlantic. It’s currently bound for Singapore. Reversal Saga of the RB Eden In response to Trump’s sanctions on Chinese telecom giant ZTE, China put huge tariffs on US agricultural goods. That’s what caused the RB Eden to turn the first time. Then, just as the RB Eden nearly reached dock in Spain, Trump removed sanctions on ZTE and in turn, China removed tariffs on agricultural goods. The RB Eden turned around and is headed back to Asia. Will the RB Eden make it this time? It’s rather questionable. Trump has again reversed course on...

Read More

Nobel Prize On The Rocks: North Korea Calls Pence A “Political Dummy”, Threatens To Call Off Summit

Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize is suddenly in jeopardy. Just a few weeks after the US president seemed on the verge of a historic diplomatic breakthrough by getting North Korea to open its borders to the world and end its nuclear program, progress appears to have taken a sharp U-turn, and after several rounds of increasingly harsher verbal outbursts, a senior North Korean official called VP Mike Pence a “political dummy”, repeated a threat to call off the planned summit with President Donald Trump and in a flashback to Pongyang’s ICBM launch days, warned that Pyongyang could “make the U.S. taste an appalling tragedy it has neither experienced nor even imagined.” As the WSJ reports, “in its most direct language aimed at Washington following a recent rapprochement between the two countries, Choe Son Hui, the North’s vice minister of foreign affairs, said if the June 12 talks were called off, the U.S. could instead face off with North Korea in a “nuclear-to-nuclear showdown.“ In other words, the US is almost back to square one in dealing with Kim. Choe Son Hui, North Korea’s vice minister for foreign affairs In the past few weeks, tensions between North Korea and the United States have once again been rising after Korea refused to meet the United States’ demand of denuclearization, while the reason why Choe called Mike Pence a “political dummy” is in...

Read More

US Will Blow $700 Billion On Obamacare Subsidies In 2018

While Democrats have continuously griped about how Republican measures to slowly dismantle the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Obamacare) will sink their chances of cementing control of Congress in this year’s midterm elections, the US government is now estimating that it will spend $700 billion on subsidies this year to help provide Americans under the age of 65 with health insurance through their jobs or in government-sponsored health programs, according to a report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. The subsidies come from four main categories: Roughly $300 billion is federal spending on programs like Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program, which typically help insure low-income people. Almost as big are the tax write-offs that employers take for providing coverage to their workers. Medicare-eligible people, such as the disabled, account for $82 billion. Subsidies for Obamacare and for other individual coverage are the smallest segment, at $55 billion. Or, as the chart below shows, a plurality of spending goes to Medicaid + CHIP: While Obamacare initially added tens of millions of Americans to the rolls of the insured, 29 million people will likely go without health coverage for an average of at least one month this year, according to the Congressional Budget Office. According to Bloomberg, the subsidies in the Affordable Care Act are designed to insulate people from the deleterious impact of premium hikes. The CBO...

Read More

Sharyl Attkisson: 8 Signs Pointing To A Counter-Intel Op Deployed Against Trump

Authored by Sharyl Attkisson, op-ed via The Hill, It may be true that President Trump illegally conspired with Russia and was so good at covering it up he’s managed to outwit our best intel and media minds who’ve searched for irrefutable evidence for two years. (We still await special counsel Robert Mueller’s findings.) But there’s a growing appearance of alleged wrongdoing equally as insidious, if not more so, because it implies widespread misuse of America’s intelligence and law enforcement apparatus. Here are eight signs pointing to a counterintelligence operation deployed against Trump for political reasons. 1. Code name The operation reportedly had at least one code name that was leaked to The New York Times: “Crossfire Hurricane.” 2. Wiretap fever Secret surveillance was conducted on no fewer than seven Trump associates: chief strategist Stephen Bannon; lawyer Michael Cohen; national security adviser Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn; adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner; campaign chairman Paul Manafort; and campaign foreign policy advisers Carter Page and George Papadopoulos. The FBI reportedly applied for a secret warrant in June 2016 to monitor Manafort, Page, Papadopoulos and Flynn. If true, it means the FBI targeted Flynn six months before his much-debated conversation with Russia’s ambassador, Sergey Kislyak. The FBI applied four times to wiretap Page after he became a Trump campaign adviser starting in July 2016. Page’s office is connected to Trump Tower and he reports having spent “many hours in Trump Tower.” CNN reported that Manafort...

Read More

Continetti: Iran’s Effort to Pressure Europeans on Nuclear Deal Is ‘Misplaced’

Washington Free Beacon editor in chief Matthew Continetti on Wednesday argued that the Iranian regime is wasting its time trying to intimidate Europe regarding their nuclear agreement. Bret Baier, host of “Special Report” on Fox News, asked about the stipulations being made to Europe by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to remain in the deal. Those conditions include protecting Iran’s oil trade, but Continetti said Iran’s mistakes would prevent them from getting what they want. “Now you have the Ayatollah coming forward with stipulations for the EU to stay in the nuclear deal,” Baier said, specifically naming Iran’s ballistic missile program, which they want to continue. “This comes as the New York Times is reporting that there’s evidence now of Iranian missile testing in the rural areas of Iran,” Continetti replied. “A clear violation of the spirit of the agreement which the United States pulled out of.” “I think the mullahs’ attempt to intimidate the Europeans is probably going to backfire, and it’s also misplaced,” Continetti added. “The real decision that needs to take place now is in Washington, D.C., and that is: Are we going to really levy the full secondary sanctions against European companies that continue to do business with Iran as a result of the sanctions?” The Trump administration announced it was imposing strict sanctions on Iran after pulling out of the nuclear deal signed...

Read More

MSNBC Panelists Compare Anthem Protesters to Rosa Parks, MLK, and Muhammad Ali

Commentators on MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House” compared NFL players protesting during the national anthem to civil rights icons. Discussing the NFL’s new rule to levy fines for kneeling during the national anthem, the panelists said former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and others are continuing the battle for civil rights. Comparing the protesters to Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr., MSNBC legal analyst and law professor Paul Butler said they exemplify American values. “What these players are doing is in the proudest tradition of not only civil liberties and civil rights, but what it means to be an American. Dissent is an act of faith,” he said. “These dissenters are in the tradition of Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks.” “In many ways, they are expressing their belief in our democracy way more than President Trump and Vice President Pence,” Butler added. Later, host Nicolle Wallace compared the protesters to three-time heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali, who influenced social and political thought with his activism. “When you look back at the life of legends like Muhammad Ali, we talked a whole lot about the ground he covered in this space as much as we did about his athletic accomplishments,” Wallace said. Sports writer Kevin Blackistone also discussed the matter by saying that the anthem protests were part of the heritage of African Americans using sports as a social platform....

Read More

Iran’s Supreme Leader Says Trump Will “Vanish From History” In Response To Pompeo’s “12 Requirements”

Iran’s leadership heightened its rhetoric in response to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s bellicose speech given at the Heritage Foundation in which he outlined 12 “basic requirements” issued to Iran in the wake of Trump’s pulling the US from the 2015 nuclear deal. Pompeo’s list included demands that Iran withdraw from Syria, release all US citizens, stop enrichment of uranium, end support for anti-Saudi Houthi fighters in Yemen, and allow “unqualified access” to all nuclear sites, among other things. Pompeo warned that “the sting of sanctions will be painful” and Iran will struggle to “keep its economy alive” if Tehran “does not change its course from the unacceptable and unproductive path it has chosen.” On Wednesday Iran’s top cleric and theocratic ruler, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, fired back, saying that President Trump “would vanish from history just like his predecessors” in statements repeated by Iranian national television.  Image source: AP/Office of the Supreme Leader And Reuters further reports of Khamenei’s first official statements since Pompeo’s Monday speech that he issued an unspecified threat of “defeating” America: “There is no doubt that the Americans will be defeated … provided Iranian officials fully perform their duties,” Khamenei said.  “The Islamic Republic cannot deal with a government that easily violates an international treaty, withdraws its signature and in a theatrical show brags about its withdrawal on television,” the ‘Supreme Leader’ explained in excerpts of his speech posted on his official...

Read More